Monday, September 15, 2008

Chasing hurricane Hanna



Cammack racing
Matt tucking in.

On Friday September 7, 2008 Hurricane Hanna gave South Florida a magical day for all our patience. Early that morning I awoke to phone calls ringing my cell phone long before sunrise. I arose and jutted over to my closet undisclosed spot and surfed by myself while the conditions were much too crappy to shoot in. I caught 100 yard long lines to myself until about 7:30am and then got Stephanie up and headed to Reef Road in Palm Beach to cover the best of the swell. Skeeter and Matt Oberman were already on it. It was pouring rain and cloudy and hard to shoot in but the swell was perfect. Steph and I shot from the gazebo for the first half of the afternoon and then I jumped in the water to try and get a few with Matt and John Cammack. Really didnt get much from the water but Surfline thought otherwise and published one of Matt in a tube, but then didnt metion his name. Transworld is also very interested as I right this in a few land shots from that session. You can find a couple images from the day here along with the rest of the coast http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/hanna-lights-up-northeast-ike-hits-the-gulf-and-back-to-back-south-swells-send-surf-to-california-and-hawaii-f_18627/photos/1/

No comments: